What are your office hours?

Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Where are you located?

We are located at 25 East Center Street, Madisonville, KY 42431.

How do I file criminal charges on someone?

You must contact the appropriate law enforcement agency.

Can you tell me the status of case or when the next court date is?

Call the Hopkins County District Clerk’s Office for this information at 270-824-7508.

Is this the public defender's office?

No. The phone number to the public defender’s office is 270-824-7001

How do I get a restraining order on somebody?

There are no restraining orders in Kentucky. There are however, Emergency Protective Orders and Domestic Violence Orders, which are filed in the District Clerks Office.

Who do I contact if I suspect a child is being neglected or abused?

Call the Cabinet for Family and Children 270-824-7566.

How is an Emergency Guardianship different than a regular Guardianship?

An Emergency Guardianship is an escalated version of a Guardianship and is only indicated in cases of a life or death situation.  Emergency Guardianship can be started in the County Attorneys office.